Friday, May 8, 2009

Welcome to The Old Books Club!



If you like to read, collect, or study classic-styled books published from the 1880's to the 1960's, join us and we'll have a lot of fun.


Weekly, I will be publishing a post about a specific book in my own personal library collection. I will try to include in these posts:


  • Pictures of the front, back, inside covers of the book; and perhaps a neat illustration or two from the inside.
  • A brief review/summary of why I liked the book.
  • Additional information about the book, edition, or publisher.
  • And any links that talk about that particular book (such as, Amazon.com, etc.)
Additionally, in between these weekly posts, if you have any suggestions or recommendations for old books to be featured here, please email me. Tell me a little about the book (where you got it, why you like it, etc.) and send a picture of it too if you can.

To a couple of you, I sent an invitation to become authors of this blog. This means, if you accept, that you will be able to post about your own old books as well.


All you book-lovers are encouraged to comment! Tell me if you have the book, what you loved or didn't love about it, and where to find it (if you know of any places.) Please refrain from language, rage, griping, or offensive opinions. We're here to share our love of old books, not vent.


And most of all, enjoy your old books!


Keep Reading,
Titmoss

No comments: